Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review: Makeup Revolution New_Trals vs Neutrals

Hello my MJF stars,
I'm here to do a review of the Makeup Revolution New-Trals vs Neutrals palette that I picked up at Ulta recently. I wanted to do some swatches and give you my thoughts of this palette.

Front and back of box

Here is the box the palette comes in with has a little picture of the palette. Like said about the Mermaid forever palette is that I wish they had a bigger picture or a sample of the palette at ulta so you can see the eyeshadows. I bought this palette because I saw ShanShortcakeBeauty did a haul and eye look using it and I had to have it. So I hope this helps my followers to decide if you want it or pass buying it.

Front and back of palette
This palette packaging it different than the mermaid forever in that the front is a matte texture unlike the shinny smooth texture. I like both which is not a big deal for me.  Its the same size of the Ultra eye Contour light & shade palette. 

Inside palette with names of eyeshadows

Close up of Eyeshadows top no flash indoor lighting and bottom with flash

As you can see it also comes with a big mirror like the Mermaid forever palette but this palette has square pans unlike circle ones. I like the square pans better which is easier to get brush in to get the product. You get more product in this palette then the Ultra eye contour shade & light palette but you get less product then the Mermaid Forever palette. It does come with double ended brush like the Ultra Contour palette that I really like. It has a flat brush side for packing on the eyeshadow and round dome brush on the other side for blending and also packs on color too. So lets see how they swatch right?!

Swatches No primer with Flash:
 Top: Bias, Neutral, Personal, Vogue, Trend, New-Tral, Tone and Custom.
Bottom: Cool, Style, Partial, Mode, Adapt, Buff, Suit and Strong


Swatches no primer with flash:
Top: Bias, Neutral, Personal and Vogue
Bottom: Trend, New-Tral, Tone and Custom

Swatches no primer with flash:
Top: Cool, Style, Partial, and Mode
Bottom: Adapt, Buff, Suit and Strong

They are all pretty pigment for being swatched on bare skin with no primer. They are all warm tone eyeshadows which I have been loving lately and this palette has a mix of mattes and shimmers which is I love. They are soft and blend nicely with out blending away. I love the shimmer shades in this palette they are so pretty and not chunky. I love Tone its a pretty red gold shimmer and yes I said I love a red eyeshadow which you know I'm not big red fan. I have used this palette to create two eye looks and like both eye looks. I think I like this palette more the Ultra Contour palette because it has shimmer eye shadows. If you like neutral eye shadows and like a mix of shimmer and mattes you need this palette. I think for $10.00 is a good deal and I payed $7.08 because I got it when Ulta had buy one get one 50% off with a $3.50 off of $15.00 coupon. I really enjoy this palette and I know I will be creating many eye looks with it. 
I have been loving every product that I got from Makeup Revolution and can't wait to try more.  Let me know which Makeup Revolution products you been loving and I might have to check them out.


Don't Forget to:
Keep Shining Like The Star That You Are!

Until next time,
Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment