Monday, July 9, 2018

Review: Makeup Revolution Death By Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette

Hello my MJF stars,
I'm here to share my thoughts on another Makeup Revolution Chocolate palette which this one is called Death By Chocolate. So lets get into this palette.


Like in Mint Chocolate review I love the packaging. I'm happy they have a picture of the palette but Ulta has them on display which is even better to choose which one you like and you can swatch.


I love this hard plastic type of palette which does not feel cheap and will hold up to everyday uses. I also like the chocolate bar design. The only thing that I don't that they names of the eyshadows are on the a plastic film not the printed on the palette whether on back or next to the shadows.



As you can see this palette has 16 shades with a mix of mattes and shimmer like the mint palette. This palette has warm neutral and cool smokey plums shades. 

Swatches on bare skin: Top L-R: White Light, Don't Let Go, Break Me Up, Consume Me, All is Lost;
 Middle: Lick Me, Fool's Gold, One More Bar, Devour Me, Tear the Wrapper, Love You to Death;
Bottom: Pray for Me, Dipped, Tease Me, Set Me Free and Bring Down Angels.
As you know I love my bright colored eyeshadows but I enjoy warm neutrals too. I enjoy the formula's of both of the matte and shimmers but there is a little of fall out but you are light handed it not a problem. The shimmers are pigmented with any help of a primer as you can see from the swatches. Some of the mattes would need help from a primer but you know this girl uses a primer with all eyeshadow palettes. The shadows I love in this palette are Don't Let Go, Lick Me (nice crease color), Tear the Wrapper, White Light (perfect brow bone color) and Love You To Death (Pretty shimmer plum/purple shade). I love that is has some plum shades which you know I love purples. I think this is a nice palette and yes it does smell like chocolate but not as strong as other chocolate palettes on the market hint hint Too Faced. I still think the eyeshadows are a nice formula and if you can't see paying for a Too Faced palette you might want to check these Makeup Revolutions Chocolate palettes. They are usually $15.00 but they go on sale and Ulta has coupons. I really enjoyed this palette and I have created some eye looks that I loved. Of the two Chocolate palettes that I have tried there formula is the same. If I had to choose between this Death by Chocolate or Mint Chocolate palettes. I would choose the mint because it has the pops of colors (green, reds). That being said I still like this palette because it has every shade you would need to do a complete eye look and those plum shades. Also I saw that they have a purple chocolate palette out but only in U.K. but I hoping they come to the U.S. because I so need it in my life.

What do you think? Have you tried these Chocolate palettes by Makeup Revolution?

Don't Forget to:
Keep Shining Like The Star That You Are!

Until next time,
Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment