Monday, April 28, 2014

How I fixed my broken eyeshadow

Hello my MJF followers,
I had this broken eye shadow that recently found in my makeup stash that forgot all about it. I put in a box so that the loose eyeshadow would not get every where. I still used it broken because I did not know how to fix it and was not willing to throw it away. 

Then I saw a pin on pinterest so I also looked on youtube too and I figured I give it a try myself.
So the things you need to fix it was rubbing alcohol, something to crush rest of eyeshadow so used a nail cuticle pusher and something to push out the rubbing alcohol once its been dry so I used a measuring cup from a cough medicine. You also would need some paper towels and q-tips too.

Here is the eyeshadow before I fix it:
Heaven Daisy Crazy Eyeshadow in Daisy Crazy
On the right is what the eyeshadow looks like after I crushed up the pieces of eye shadows with the nail cuticle pusher the round side.
On the right side is what it looks like after putting the Rubbing Alcohol in the eyeshadow and mixed to look like a paste.


After you let the eyeshadow dry for 1-2 hours so it not sticky to the touch. I used a paper towel and put it on top of the eyeshadow then the measuring cup to press down to get the Rubbing Alcohol out of the eyeshadow. Also to make it flat and not bumpy. I did that a couple of times until there was not more of that color on the paper towel as you can see in the photo above.

Here is what it looks like after getting the Rubbing Alcohol out with paper towel and the measuring cup. I used some water on a q-tip to clean off the rest loose powder on the sides and on the lid.
Then I waited over night for it to completely dry.

Here is a swatch of the eyeshadow the next day with out primer.
It so pigmented and so pretty! 
I'm so happy that I fixed it and you might be seeing it in my next smoky eye Friday look. :0)
So if you brake your eyeshadow you should save it not throw it away. Rubbing Alcohol does fix it like its never been broken or close to it.

This eyeshadow had a daisy design on it but when it broke I was so bummed but at least I can still use it.

Do you have a broken eyeshadow? If so did you try rubbing alcohol?

Until next time.
Happy shopping and enjoy the show :0)
Mel

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment