Monday, June 11, 2018

Review: Makeup Revolution Mint Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette

Hello my MJF stars,
I'm here to share my thoughts on this Makeup Revolution Mint Chocolate eyeshadow Palette that I got from Ulta Beauty. 
I was so happy to see a much larger display of Makeup Revolution produces because I really love there makeup. They even had palettes on display to swatch which made me happy to I see the eyeshadow not just the picture that's on the back of the boxes.


Here is the palette in the box which you can see the picture of the shadows which like I said are hard to tell what they really look like.


Here is the palette out of the box. It is a hard plastic which does not feel cheap. I love the two tone of the mint chocolate bar. Wish all palettes are made as good as these makeup revolution palettes. Let get into the inside the eyeshadows.

Top: inside lighting with flash and Bottom: inside lighting no flash

Top: inside light with flash and Bottom: inside lighting no flash


Top Row: SugarCoated (Shimmer), Engaged (shimmer), Tea (matte), Lust (shimmer) and Poison Ivy (matte)
Middle Row: Secret (matte), Worlds Apart (matte), Distorted (shimmer), Rivals (shimmer), Interupted (matte) and Compromise (shimmer).
Bottom Row: Awaken (matte), Disturbance (shimmer), Commontion (shimmer), High Standards (shimmer) and Confession (matte)


As you can see there are a mix of mattes and shimmers which I like because its easy to create eye looks with a good amount of mattes and shimmers. There are browns, reds, nudes, greens and yellow/ gold which I would never thing to put in one palette and they work together. 
All of the swatches are on bare skin with no primer. The only eye shadow that I had to swatch twice was Poison Ivy which for me is not a big thing because it performers better with eye primer.
I have created a few looks with it already and really love each look I created with this palette. I never get stuck of what to create with palette.
 I love the mattes which are blend able and pigmented enough to get what you want out of the shade. I also enjoyed the shimmers which are smooth and pigmented but I recommend to apply wet or with a glitter primer to get the most of the shimmer of the shade. I used NYX glitter primer it works well to get full effect of the shimmer of the shadows. There are a little bit of fall out but if you don't press to hard into palette and tap of some product before applying there is no fall out. I really like this palette and I would totally recommend it because it's unique and it has a good price point.

What do you think of this palette? Are you fan of Makeup Revolution if so which is your favorite products?

Don't Forget to:
Keep Shining Like The Star That You Are!

Until next time,
Mel 

No comments:

Post a Comment