Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Halloween Lip Swatch Challenge/October Lip Callenge

Hello my MJF followers,
I wanted to post all of my Halloween lip swatches from the lip swatch challenge because I know not every has an Instagram account and would like to see my creations. I know it's December but I still want to post it on my blog so lets get into the challenge.


Here is the themes for each day of October.

Day 1: Orange
Products I used:
L.A. Colors LipStick Nectarine, L.A. Colors Swirl Lip Gloss Peach Swirl

I don't have may orange lip products so I pulled out my L.A lipstick and then I wanted to add some glitter so peach swirl worked well.


Day 2: Black
Products I used:
Fancy Makers Wet N Wild Black with Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Black Mystery to give it some blue shimmer 

I did not just want to a black lip but I wanted to add some glitter. Black mystery was perfect because it gave a hit of blue shimmer and it looked so pretty.


Day 3: Green

Products I used:
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Graffiti as a lip liner and Fantasy Makers Enchanting Body Wand in a glitter green color as Lipstick in the center of my lips.

I don't have any green lip products so I used my eye liner for Urban decay that love and added a lighter color in the center with enchanting body wand.

Day 4: Purple
Products I used:
Milani Shadow Eyez pencil in Royal Purple and Milani Haute Flash Full coverage shimmer lip gloss in In A Flash 

I really love royal purple and thought it would go good with in a flash so pretty. I need to get a purple lip stick.

Day 5:Neon
Products I used:
Wet N Wild Dollhouse Pink and Wet N Wild Boardwalk boozing bright pink eyeshadow in center of lips.

Since I'm not a big fan of pale barbie pink. I thought I add some this neon bright pink that made it look much better even thought I'm not a fan of pink.

Day 6:Ghostly
Products I used:
Fantasy Makers by Wet N Wild Black and Wet N Wild Single Eyeshadow Brulee

I saw this technique some where online or youtube and thought it would be perfect for a ghostly lip which I was really happy with.

Day 7: Splatter
Products I used:
Nars satin lip pencil Rikugien, Nyx butter gloss Cherry Cheese Cake and Peach Cobbler,and Milani Haute Flash Full coverage shimmer lip gloss in a flash.

I had fun with this theme because I used lip gloss and just globed it on my lips and gave this splatter/ tie dye look which is pretty cool.

Day 8: Witchy
Products I used:
Avon glimmersticks blackest black and Lunatick cosmetic labs lip stick Cinderhella.

I really love Cinderhella and it looks so pretty with a black lip liner which is a perfect witchy lip in my eye.

Day 9: Vampy
Products I used:
Avon Glimmer sticks Blackest Black and Nars Velvet matte lip pencil Cruella

When I thought of vampy it made me thing of vampires of course. I thought this would be the perfect for a vampire costume makeup look.

Day 10: Monster
Products I used:
Avon glimmersticks blackest black, Avon Big Color Eye Pencil Smoky Sage and Celadon, Flower eyes on the prize eyeshadow chubby olive my love and Jordana Cateye Liner Black Leather. 

When I thought of monster it made me thing of Frankenstein monster so I did a lip version of it. I think it came out pretty good even will my little lips lol.

Day 11:Mermaid
Products I used:
Avon Extra Lasting eyeshadow pencil aquamarine, Avon Big Color Eye Pencil Aquamarine, Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow 05 Aquatic Style, and Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment 5 Never Fade Jade

For this theme I used blues and greens because when I think of mermaids. I think of the ocean and sea weed and I really loved these colors.

Day 12: Shapes
Products I used: 
Milani Lip Flash Full coverage shimmer gloss pencil flash light and lip flash, Milani Haute Flash Full coverage shimmer lip gloss in the flash and Makeup forever aqua cream shade 28708.

For this theme I wanted do some thing pretty and something that would be worn as a costume like the queen of hearts. So I did a heart shape with tangles on the sides that make up my lips.

Day 13: Skeleton
Products I used:
Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow 01 Winter White, Wet N Wild single eyeshadow Sugar and Jordana Color Envy liquid eyeliner black .

For the skeleton theme I decided to do skeleton teeth as if I had no skin you can only see the bones. I had fun drawing my lips to get the shapes that I wanted.

Day 14:Animal
Products I used:
Avon Glimmersticks Blackest Black  and Milani Color Brilliance 02 Aqua, 03 Green, 04 Purple. 

I did one of my favorite animals which is zebras and I did it in my favorite colors blue, green and purple.

Day 15: Alien
Products I used:
Fancy Makers Wet N Wild Black and Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Forest Fatale

When I think of aliens I think of little green/gray people/men. So I used a black lip stick and put on top forest fatale which made it pretty duo chome green/ gray lips.

Day 16: Frozen
Products I used:
 Avon Big Color Eye Pencil Lavender mist, Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow 18 Romantic Violet And 17 Plum Amour Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment 10 Brash Blue.

For frozen I thought of ice and when people get purple lips from being out in the cold and what a ice princess or queen would wear. 

Day 17: Disney
Products I used:
Avon Glimmersticks Blackest Black , Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow 06 Royal Purple and 01 Winter White and Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Brash Blue

I had to do one of my favorite Disney Villain Ursula. I had to draw Ursula tentacles and used purple which is so her. 

Day 18: Blue
Products I used:
Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow 05 Aquatic Style, Milani Lip Flash Star Fish and Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Brash Blue.

As you know I love the color blue and I had to use two of my favorite blue to get this ombre blue lip. So pretty.

Day 19: Gray
Products I used:
Avon Mega Impact eyeliner gray slate, Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr eyeshadow Audacious Asphalt and Milani liquif'eye metallic eye liner pencil silver.

Since I did not have any matte gray, I decided to do a sliver gray lip because I also love shimmer of course. It also reminds me of the tin man from wizard of oz.

Day 20: Candy
Products I used: 
Maybelline great wear eye color nude Beige, Wet N Wild Boardwalk boozing , L.A. Girl Neons eyeshadow brick and Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr Wear Eyeshadow royal purple.

I did the candy that is an iconic candy for Halloween which is candy corn. I really like how they came out even on my little lips.

Day 21: Glitter
Products I used:
Avon Glimmersticks Blackest Black, Disney Villains Lipstick Dragon's Lair and Lunatick cosmetic labs Glamour Ghoul Glitter Ghouls Gold.

I've been wanting to use ghouls gold and I decide to do a fall glitter lip but after adding a little glitter to the center. I had to add more lol. So it came out more of a gold glitter lip.

Day 22: Comic Book
Products I used:
Batman and Iron man- Avon Glimmersticks Blackest Black and Color Tattoo metal 24 hr eyeshadow gold rush. I also used for ironman- Makeup forever aqua cream shade 28708, Nyx Jumbo eye pencil milk and Avon Mega Impact eyeliner gray slate.

I could not pick just one comic book so I did two of my favorite comic book heros batman and ironman

Day 23: Gore
Products I used:
left side: Clinique chubby stick intense Mightiest maraschino, Tarte lipsurgence sweet and right side is Clinique chubby stick intense Mightiest maraschino and broadest berry with some Rubies Vampire blood and some Vampire teeth.

I had so fun doing this one so I did two lip versions because you know I love horror movies and vampires. 

Day 24: Red
Products I used:
Nars Velvet matte lip pencil Cruella, Milani Lip Flash Full coverage shimmer gloss flash light. 

 I really like Cruella but I had to add some glitter with Flash Light on top. 

Day 25: Villain
Products I used:
Nars Velvet matte lip pencil Cruella, flower eyes on the prize eyeshadow chubby olive my love, Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigment Forest Fatale and Milani infinite liquid eyeliner forever. 

 I decided to do Posion Ivy because she was one of my favorite women villains. I had fun drawing the ivy too.

Day 26: Royalty
Products I used:
Milani infinite liquid eyeliner forever, Milani Shadow Eyez 12 hr wear eyeshadow Royal Purple, Milani Haute Flash Full coverage shimmer gloss flash light, Maybelline Color Tattoo metal eyeshadow gold rush and Nyx Jumbo eye pencil cottage cheese.

When I think of royalty I think of Disney princess and queens. Since Evil queen is one of my favorite I decided to do her crown.


Day 27: Spots
Products I used:
Nyx Jumbo eye pencil milk, Milani Color Brilliance green and blue, Milani Shadow Eyez Royal Purple, Milani liquif'eye metallic eye liner pencil silver, makeup forever aqua cream shade 28708, avon glimmersticks blackest black and Nyx powder black liner.

I thought of eye balls which are three circles or spots together and then I added spots around the eye balls. I also used Royal purple which I fell i

Day 28: Romantic
Products I used:
Avon glimmersticks blackest black, Color Tattoo metal eyeshadow gold rush, Avon Big Color Eye Pencil Amethyst Dazzle, Nyx Candy Glitter liner Disco Queen and Jordana Cat-eye Liner Black Leather.
When I thought of romantic I think of Jack and Sally from nightmare before Christmas holding hands in the moon light.

Day 29: Pop Art
Products I used:
Wet N Wild Dollhouse Pink, L.A. Colors Nectarine, Covergirl Siren, NYX Jumbo eye pencil milk, and Milani Color Brilliance eye pencil black.

I had fun with this lip swatch because I was an art major in college and loved pop art.

Day 30: Pumpkin
Products I used:
L.a Colors Lipstick-Nectarine, Wet N Wild Eyeshadow palette Boardwalk boozing, Milani Color Brilliance green, Nyx Liquid liner Copper and Mega Impact eyeliner Brown Shimmer.


Day 31: Your Choice
Products I used:
L.A.Colors lipstick Nectarine, Wet N Wild Eyeshadow palette Boardwalk boozing, Milani, Color Brilliance Black and Jordana Cateye Liner Black Leather

Since it was my choice on what I did on this day. I did a Jack Skellington Jack-o-lantern because it was Halloween and what say Halloween than a jack-o-lantern right.

This 10 of my favorites from the challenge:

I had a lot of fun doing this lip swatch challenge. This was my first time doing a lip swatch challenge or any challenge on instgram. I was so sad and happy that it was over because it was a lot work but I also had fun thinking of ideas for each theme. I might have to do this again next year or may be a eye look challenge or Halloween theme eye looks each week next Halloween.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Halloween lip swatch challenge. If you are on Instagram you should follow me or if you don't have an account you should get one its so fun.

Until next time,
Mel





No comments:

Post a Comment