Monday, February 26, 2018

Ulta Haul and Review: Makeup Revolution Sophx Eyeshadow Palette

Hello my MJF stars,
I'm here to share with you a haul/ review of the Makeup Revolution Sophx Eyeshadow Palette.


A few months ago Sophdoesnails announced on her YouTube channel that she was going to have a palette come out with Makeup Revolution and when I saw the swatches I had to have it but it was not in stores in the U.S. yet. Finally this month I saw it was in my local Ulta so I ran down to Ulta and picked it up. It was $15.00 but with a coupon with $3.50 off of $15 made it $11.50 which was a steal. So lets get into the review of what I thought about this palette.


I really like the water color print on the box with the pretty gold writing. I really like they have photo of colors on the back as well as the ingredients.


I wish they had the water color print on the palette not the box.  I like that its not just black like the other palettes but I'm not a big fan of this color because it might get stained. I like it has nice plastic so it does not feel cheap.
 So lets get into the inside.


I really like that it had a large mirror that you can use. Also like that it stays up on its own. As you can see it comes with 24 eyeshadows. It also have the names a film of plastic which is ok but I like it printed on the palette.


There is a mix of colors and textures which is nice for all in one eye shadow palette. So lets get into the swatches:

L to R: Top: Penguin, Pancakes, Fairy Lights, Pink Champagne,  Iced Coffee, and Cuppa Tea. Bottom: Grow Old, Sparks Fly, Smokey Bronze, Mixed Berries, Tiramisu, and Peaches.
All of my swatches are on my bare skin no primer which as you can see these shadows are pretty pigments on there own. They also blend well with each other and there is little to none fall out. I love that there are shimmers and mattes because I love mix in my eye looks. I love Fairy Lights and Pink Champagne as inner corner highlight and/ or eyelid color. Iced Coffee is a perfect eye brow highlight shade. I also love Mixed Berries which is pretty  shimmery purple.

L to R: Top: Cloudberry, Pumpkin, Pine Tree, Petrol, Pug, and Danger. Bottom: Strawberry Sweets, Festive Flame, Copper Coin, Mug Cake, Rosewood, and Nighmare.
In these next shadows I love Pumpkin, Pine Tree, Petrol which is a duo chrome shadow which I love. I also was surprised that I really like Strawberry Sweets because I'm not a big fan of pink shadow but this one is different and it looked so pretty with one of the eye looks I did. 
As you can tell its hard to pick just one color as my favorite because they are beautiful and all go together well in this palette. I can see myself doing many different eye looks with this palette. 

For the price and how many different colors you get in this palette I would recommend it to anyone.

Don't Forget to:
Keep Shining Like The Star That You Are!

Until next time,
Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment